Minutes 29th June 2011
PORTHCAWL - SAINT SEBASTIEN TOWN TWINNING ASSOCIATION
Minutes of the Committee meeting at 28 West Drive on 29th June 2011
Those present: Mary Emment-Lewis (MEL), Richard Rowe (RR), Caroline David (CD) Rob Chick (RC), Danielle Hanbuiy (MH).
1. Apologies for Absence: Dave Bush, Malcolm Hanbury, Melanie Weaver,
Barbara Stubbs, Sheila Thomas, Robert Lee, Barrie Stephens.
2. Schools programme.
DH and Ann Lee will go to Nottage Primary School on 7th July and Newton Primary School on 14th July to do some French teaching, play Boules, sing songs and give out some souvenirs. The schools will be asked for permission to put any photographs, taken by RC if neccessary, on the PSSTTA web site.
3. Bastille Day
A red, white and blue theme was suggested with a prize for the best dressed. Venue: All Saints Church hall Tickets: £5. RC to buy cheese, cooked meat, bread and crisps from the Cash and Carry, MEL to make cakes.
4. Tripartite meeting with Pencoed and Bridgend - nothing arranged but Pencoed are holding a Twmpath on Saturday 10th of September which will be on our web site.
5. September event at the Prince of Wales Public House Kenfig.
CD to book the upstairs room for European Day 26th and ask about food options. DB offered to prepare some relevant entertainment.
6. Remaining events and Calendar for 2011.
15th October - MEL will host a cheese and wine evening. November - French film night and supper at the Pavillion. December - Christmas social. Venue to be decided. RC suggested that we might like to approach "Sounds Familiar" to entertain us in thanks for performing at the Twinning concert last Easter.
7. Newsletter. The next issue to contain an Annual report.
8. Any Other Business
We need dates from Martin Furness for the French Rugby exchange.
We need more involvement with the Comprehensive school.
The next visit to France possibly the end of August 2012.