Minutes 11th October 2019
Minutes of the PSSTTA Committee meeting held on 11th October 2019 @ West Drive.
Present: ME-L, BL, AL, RL, DB, EW, CH.
- Chairman’s Welcome: ME-L welcomed all members.
- Apologies: PW and Mayor, Cllr Graham Walter.
- Minutes of last meeting: No matters arising.
- Correspondence: Malcolm Hanbury has sent an email enquiring about the dates of next year’s visit and to confirm that Port Talbot Cymric Male choir will be visiting SSSL/Nantes at the time of our Anniversary visit to perform. Valerie Sourisseau is making the necessary arrangements.
- ME-L has received confirmation of dates from Chairman Bernard which would be 7 days from 20th to 27th August 2019. Although it was felt that this was a long time it was agreed as suitable flights from Bristol to Nantes would be available on these dates.
- Treasurer’s Report: BL reported that we have £ £3133 in both accounts at present with more cheques for subs just received.
- Membership Report: DB reported that there are 16 late payers at present. A list was read out and DB asked us to contact members we might see.
- Social Secretary’s Report: ME-L reported that she visited The Prince of Wales Inn and booked a 2 course meal for 11th December. The cost will be £18 but we will charge £20 to include a small gift. There will be a raffle and T’winners draw. (Prizes £100, £ 50, £25). EW has prepared a draft newsletter. DB to send a Membership report for inclusion and ME-L to send a trip report. A cheese and wine evening will be held @Newton Institute to celebrate Beaujolais day and European Languages Day. DB will prepare a quiz and there will be a raffle. Food to be supplied by the Association and members to bring a bottle. Date to be confirmed. BL to contact Newton Institute. AL and ME-L to buy food from Costco. Business and Social evening to be organised in January, perhaps a fish and chip supper.
- Schools: CH now has the paperwork from MW and will be introducing herself to all Primary schools. She is planning to meet DB to discuss what needs to be done.
- TT Liaison: AL has nothing to report at present. ME-L has received an email from Pencoed TT and will let us have the details.
- Publicity: ME-L thanked PW for his articles in The Gem and Seaside News.
- AOB: Next meeting to be held @ 2, Flatholm Way on Friday 8th November @ 7.00pm. RL reported that all photos are back online and can be viewed via our website.