Archives

Minutes 19th September 2019

Minutes of the PSSTTA Committee meeting held on 19th September 2019 @West Drive.

 

Present: RL, AL, ME-L, BL, DB, PW, EW.

 

  1. Chairman’s Welcome: ME-L thanked all for their efforts during the last visit from SSSL.
  2. Apologies : Cathryn Hodges, Graham Walters.
  3. Minutes of the last meeting: No matters arising.
  4. Correspondence: MEL talked about the email from Rob Chick raising the spending of funds lack of entertainment during the visit specifically for children. MEL read out her response.  She also said that she had had various correspondence from the Mayor of SSSL before the trip.
  5. Treasurer’s Report: BL reported that we currently have a total of £ 3133 in our accounts which is very good considering the recent visit. There was however a query about whether or not the Council would be able to claim back VAT on the Soiree and other expenses incurred during the visit. We were informed that we would be able to reclaim the VAT but the Town Clark has said that this is not the case. £170 is still due from the Council.
  6. Membership Report: DB reported that after a promising start with subs coming in, there are still several members who are slow to pay including corporate and families.
  7. Social Secretary : EW made several suggestions including a wine and cheese evening to celebrate Beaujolais night and European Languages day around 19th November. DB offered to help with entertainment and Maria Earland has offered to help out where needed. Our Xmas party was discussed. Possible dates 11th or 18th December. Possible venues are the Prince of Wales and Isabella’s. BL to check with the staff at The  Prince.
  8. Schools: CH absent so nothing to report. DB stresses need for contact with the schools. TT liaison : AL gave details of 2 social events from Bridgend and Pencoed TTs to which we have been invited. Details have already been sent out to all members. 2 people have indicated they will attend the event organised by Bridgend.
  9. French visit: AL went through the notes from the Joint Committee meeting. (Available by request). It was agreed that all went well. Jenny   Worthington is to look into the possibility of links between our U3A and the one in SSSL. Chantal Dusoulier will investigate on the French side.
  10. AOB: Newsletter. EW has agreed to prepare one providing she is given the information to include.MEL to provide a summary of the visit from SSSL. AL to send photos of the Hog roast and to do a French recipe. AL also to provide an Xmas word search. RL, as Rotary International Chairman, requested that AL contact SSSL to find out whether we could help with a project in Mali (also twinned with SSSL). EW said that she has also got contacts in Uganda who may appreciate some assistance.

    Date of next meeting: Tuesday 15th October @7.00pm @ 2, Flatholm Way.

Advertisement

Cefn Cribw Garage
At Cefn Cribwr Garage, we don't just sell cars and vans, we also offer a complete range of motoring services with our fully equipped workshop facilities. Tel:01656 746280