Minutes 6th September 2018
Minutes of the PSSTTA Committee meeting held at 28, West Drive 6th September 2018.
Present: ME-L, BL, AL, RL, IW, MW, DB, PW, RR.
- Chairman’s welcome: ME-L welcomed members and thanked DB for his help with the organisation of the badminton exchange at the recent visit to SSSL. She also thanked IW and MW for their efforts with the musical evening in SSSL.
- Apologies: LD.
- Minutes: No matters arising.
- Correspondence: Valerie Piron has informed us that the dates for their visit have been agreed as 18-23 July 2019. DB has received an email from VP re badminton players. MW sent a translation of ME-L’s speech to VP who thanked everyone for all their contributions.
- Treasurer’s Report: BL stated that we have £4415 in total in our accounts. The profit from our recent afternoon tea was £275.
- Membership Report: Several Corporate members still not paid. To be chased up by Committee members. Brentwood Hotel dont wish to continue with their membership. As several individual members are leaving, DB and AL to update list.
- Social Secretary’s Report: MW reported that the afternoon tea was a great success with at least 40 people attending including guests from other Twinnings.
- Other possible events will be a fish and chip supper or curry night to be combined with our European Languages evening. (3 or 10 October). The Xmas fair has been booked for the 17th November @ Trinity Church Hall. £40.00 deposit is required. All agreed to go ahead despite the disappointing turnout last year. The Xmas party was discussed and MW to get quotes from various venues.
- Town Twinning Liaison: MW has been in touch with Mumbles who are keen to maintain links. Pencoed has a forthcoming Boules evening. AL has already sent out notification.
10. Schools: MW will do a Xmas quiz again for the Primary schools.
11. 20th Anniversary visit from SSSL July 2019: Many ideas discussed along with possible links with several organisations. MW happy to do a report for the press on the recent trip and to send a report on the badminton. DB to check the details. Possibility of having a float at next year’s carnival so that our visitors can participate.
12. AOB: Next meeting Wednesday 26th September @7.00pm. @ 2, Flatholm Way.