Archives

Minutes 25th July 2018

Minutes of the PSSTA Committee Meeting held on 25thJuly 2018 @ 14, Nicholls Ave.

 

Present: ME-L, BL, IW, MW, RR, DB, AL.

Apologies: RL.

Welcome from ME-L who thanked MW for organising the Bastille Night. DB reported excellent playing of La Marseillaise by SW. She also noted her concerns for RL and sent best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Minutes of the last meeting: Matters arising: ME-L reported that RL has made name badges for the Committee to wear. MW stated that she is still happy to help out with schools.

Correspondence: Email from VP with link to Porthcawl Elvis festival article which appeared in a French magazine. Various emails between VP and DB and AL regarding the trip. DB also reported that Anne Rees has kindly donated £ 15.00 along with her annual subscription. He also stated that Eileen Mc Ilver is now living in Porthcawl.

Treasurer’s Report:

BL reported a balance of £3876 in total, plus £68.50 in a tin from the carnival less various expenses  which needs to be banked. He has also purchased public liability insurance through a broker which provides blanket cover for all public events at the cost of £67.20.

Membership Report:  DB reported that we currently have 85 memberships in total including 14 Corporate, 6 Schools, 33 Families and 30 Individuals. There are still 18/19 members who have not yet paid their subs. Committee members to contact various members re OS subs. DB was thanked for all his efforts. MW gave out 2 membership forms at the Carnival. ME-L gave DB information sheets to add to the forms.

Social Secretary’s Report: MW reported that 35 people attended the Bastille Night celebrations and said that it was encouraging to see so many people despite the World Cup clash. MW has organised the afternoon tea which will take place @ The Newton Institute on 18th August from 2-5pm. Committee to arrive @1.30pm to help if possible. RR is happy to do his quiz. Bridgend, Pencoed and Cowbridge TTs have been invited. Raffle prizes needed please. IW and SW will entertain. Cost £8.00. MW will also to look into the possibility of the French Cafe. In October IW looking into celebrating a chocolate festival.

Town Twinning Liaison: MW will continue to liaise with other TT and invite them to our events.

Visit to France August 2018:  ME-L to host a meeting for all members going to France on Friday 10th August @7.00pm.Committee to bring a bottle of wine and some cheese. AL will send a reminder to all people going.

Badminton /Golf update: DB has made several visits to The Grove Golf Club which have all been very positive. With regard to the badminton DB showed us the excellent logos designed for the T-shirts by Huw Thomas which has been sent to France.

AOB: IW has sent an email to Cwtsh, Llanelli about the chocolate festival and possible Welsh gifts for our visitors. MW thanked all those who helped out at the carnival and Andrew Singer for the loan of the gazebo. She also thanked John Murdoch for helping to erect it.  AL to find out from VP when they intend to do the present exchange. ME-L mentioned several possible venues for the return visit and several ideas were discussed including Pen y Cae, Richard Burton’s home, a Ball with a cabaret, a music concert in All saints Church. DB said we should be thinking about events in schools by September.