Archives

Minutes 15th November 2017

Minutes of the PSSTTA Committee Meeting held on Wednesday 15th November 2017 @ 28, West Drive.

 

  1. Apologies: RR.
  2. Minutes of the last meeting: Matters arising: MEL referred to item 7 and stressed that the cancellation of the Beaujolais evening was not just her decision but a joint one.
  3. Correspondence: None.
  4. Treasurer’s Report: BL reported that we have £2303.67 in the C/A and £825.78 in the D/A. Total is £3342.45. There are currently 3 cheques due to be paid, (wine, biscuits for Xmas party and Remembrance Sunday wreath). DB suggested we hold the T’Winners Draw at the Xmas party. As there are only 14 members participating at the moment, he asked AL to send a reminder to members about the draw and also to ask for Tombola prizes for our Xmas craft fair.
  5. Membership Report: DB reported that at least 20 members have still not paid their subs, including 8 corporate members. This was very frustrating for him.
  6. Social Secretary’s Report: ME-L reported that there are at least 28 people going to the Xmas party so far. She has bought tins of biscuits as presents for the ladies and BL is buying wine for the men. Children’s presents to also be purchased. KM agreed to do a PowerPoint on views of France. We will discuss the possibility of holding a silent auction in January. IW mentioned the chocolatier event .This can also be discussed in January. ME-L stated that we should try to use our corporate members when planning a venue. RL suggested that we could include our corporate members on our adverts for events.
  7. Town Twinning Liaison: MW asked if we were going to invite other TTs to our Xmas party. MEL said we should leave it until next year due to lack of space. MW reported that there was still an exchange of information with Pencoed and Cowbridge.
  8. Schools: MW reported that a small Xmas quiz would be given to each Primary School in Porthcawl. Each school would be presented with a prize. DB said that he was happy to report that all 4 schools have now paid their subs.
  9. Christmas Craft fair: MW reported there were 8 definite stallholders with 3 to confirm. Tombola prizes needed. Anne Rees has kindly donated a box of items. IW requested items for the hamper and other raffle prizes. RL offered a bottle of wine and AL chutney. KM mince pies. ME-L cake mix, chocs and brandy sauce. MW crackers and nuts. MW to buy a tablecloth for colouring. IW is sorting out refreshments.  KM to bring photos if possible. MW has put an advert in The Seaside News and will post it on Porthcawl First. DB to bring membership forms. DB said a big thank-you to MW IW and AW for all their efforts. We need to be @Trinity Church Hall for 12.30pm on Saturday 25th November.
  10. AOB: AL thanked IW for his excellent Newsletter. DB made a request for more distributors. AL and others offered their services. ME-L asked if we should include The Chamber of Trade in our meetings. It was agreed that it wasn’t necessary. Next Committee meeting will be Wednesday 17th January 2018 @ Mary and Bobby’s. Next Business and Social Meeting to take place on 24th January @ Beale’s with a fish and chip supper.