Minutes 11th October 2017
Minutes of the Committee meeting held at 31 Lougher Gardens on 11th October 2017 at 6pm
- Present: IW, ME-L, BL, MW
- Apologies: KM, AL, RL
- Minutes of the last meeting: Minor adjustment (Item 3: ME-L received the invite from St. Clare’s School to their prize giving). All other points accepted as a true record.
- Correspondence: AL forwarded a message from John Bunker. Joël Guerriau’s son, Kellian, would like to spend a week with a family to improve his English. ME-L has also been in touch with Valérie Sourrisseau regarding this. A few families had been suggested but as Kellian is 18 years old it was hoped that he could be welcomed into a family with a similar aged boy. In addition the dates suggested did not coincide with our school holidays. ME-L replied to Valérie to get back to us if she couldn’t find a suitable host family. MW received a town twinning report from Mark Steer from Pencoed and District Town Twinning Association about their recent twinning visit. AL and ME-L were also sent the report. MW forwarded the report to IW. MW also received notification from Cowbridge Twinning Association that the Roussillon evening has now been changed to the 28th October. An email will be sent to members of the association.
- Treasurer’s report: BL reported no change since the last meeting: £2294 in the C/A and £828 in the D/A. Total £3,122.
- Membership report: DB to inform at the next meeting. BL reported that he had received subs from one member of the association. MW has also received subs from another member of the association.
- Social Secretary’s report: ME-L has cancelled the European/ Beaujolais evening in November as there are already a lot of functions planned over the next few months. ME-L confirmed that she has booked the Christmas party which is to be a Christmas carvery on 16th December at The Prince of Wales Inn (£20 for 2 courses, coffee and a gift). PSSTTA will also be taking part again in the Christmas Tree Festival and it was confirmed by BL & ME-L that Rob Chick has agreed to put up the tree this year. ME-L also suggested that we do a silent auction sometime in February. MW reported on the Christmas craft fair. Trinity church hall has been booked for Saturday 25th November from 1-4pm. The deposit was paid by Angela Williams and the receipt forward to BL. A number of stallholders have already expressed an interest and we have received two booking forms so far. It was agreed that in addition to refreshments and a tombola we will also do a ‘bran tub’ activity. MW has contacted the Seaside News to advertise the event. ME-L agreed to contact Bridge FM for further publicity. She also said that she was happy to do the raffle again. It was agreed that we should have a membership stall displaying information about the association with membership forms available on the day. A plea for tombola and raffle prizes will go out in the next newsletter.
- Schools Report: It was decided that we do a small Christmas quiz for each primary school in Porthcawl with a small prize for the winner in each school. ME-L attended the St. Clare’s prize giving event and a cheque for £25 was presented to Siobhan Lock.
- TT Liaison: MW reported that a number of PSSTTA members attended the Pencoed Town Twinning quiz evening on Monday 25th September which was held at the Bryncae Arms. The winning team was from Porthcawl and included ME-L and BL. MW will inform AL about the change of date for the Roussillon evening (Cowbridge Twinning).
- AOB: MW thanked IW for his hospitality. Date of next meeting – Wednesday 15th November at 28 West Drive, Porthcawl.