Minutes 24th February 2017
Minutes of the PSSTTA meeting held at Flatholm Way on 24th February 2017 @ 4.00pm.
1. Apologies: None.
2. Minutes of the last meeting: Proposed by DB and seconded by MW. Matters arising- RL reported that Ukulele band are having a meeting tonight and will decide whether or not they can make it for the Soiree. MW reported that Gaelle from the Comp has said that it is too short notice for the school exchange this year but will ask if anyone can host.
3. Correspondence: Email received from Valerie re trip to say that 24 people would be coming over, perhaps more. Letter from Alison from PTC with a cheque for £500.
4. Treasurer’s Report: BL reported that we made approximately £80 at the silent auction . We also have spare wine. There is a total of £4036 in both accounts.
5. Membership Report: DB reported no change since the last meeting. Subs still OS from Driven, Beales and the RAFA club.
6. Social Secretary’s Report: ME-L reported that the attendance at the Silent auction has been very disappointing but fortunately we still made some money. Numbers need to be checked for the musical soiree when the French guests are here. Programme of events discussed for the visit.
Reception to be in All Saints Church hall between 11.00am and 1.00pm on Thursday 13th April. Bacon butties and hot cross buns to be served.
Day trip on Friday to Cwm Deri vineyard. AL to contact and book.
Saturday am trip to Jump Jam for the children MW to make arrangements. Musical soiree in the evening with Col Canto and Maesteg Male Voice Choir @ The Masonic Home @ 6.30pm.
Sunday free day. BBQ @ Mary and Bobby’s house @4.30pm.
Monday committee meeting @ Prince of Wales Inn 10.00 am. BL to arrange refreshments. Other members to be invited to a talk about the Inn and Kenfig @ 11.00am. KM to get a summary for MW to translate. Monday evening Soiree @ High Tide. 2 course meal for £11.00 to include a free raffle. It was agreed to not load the price. Hopefully the Ukulele band will be entertaining us. All members to be invited. AL to send email.
Tuesday 18th April - Guests depart @9.00am.
BL to arrange to buy coasters as presents for guests.
7. Town twinning Liaison: MW has been in touch with Mark Steer from Pencoed TT re a joint venture.
8. Hosting: Hosting discussed. DB informed committee that he would be unable to host due to Margaret having an operation.
9. AOB: Reception- ME-L and BL to buy food for reception, IW to bring teabags, coffee and plates. MW to bring squash, DB glasses and KM to set up his photos.
Next meeting 29th March @6.00pm @ MW’s house. 14, Nicholls Ave.