Minutes Business meeting 20 January 2017
Minutes of the PSSTTA Business meeting held at The High Tide Inn on Friday 20th January 2017 @7.00pm.
- Apologies: Melanie Weaver, Angela Williams, John Berry, Tony and Ann Williams, Sheila Thomas, Ann Jones, Margaret Bush.
- Minutes of the last meeting: No matters arising.
- Correspondence: A card was sent by AL to Maria’s daughter, Carys, following her surgery.
- Treasurer’s Report: BL reported that we now have £3597 in our bank accounts.
- Membership: DB reported that we now have 92 memberships following the addition of Lynne Williams who has recently joined following a conversation at our Xmas craft fair.
- Social Secretary’s Report: ME-L reported that £24.00 was raised from the Xmas raffle. There will be a silent auction @All Saint’s Church hall on February 11th to raise funds for the French visit. AL to notify all members. Our AGM will be held on 18th May @ The Grove. Confirmation of details will be sent out in due course. A brief discussion about entertainment during the French visit took place. Decisions will be made when we receive more details from the SSSL.
- Schools and Town Twinning Liaison: Nothing to report since the last meeting.
- Visit from SSSL: The dates have been confirmed as 13-18 April 2017. Hosting discussed. We are currently awaiting a list of guests from SSSL and should receive this early February. The soiree has been provisionally booked for Monday 17th April which is Easter Monday. We may also attend a concert at the Masonic Home with Col Canto and Maesteg Male voice Choir. Mary and Bobby have kindly offered to host a barbeque at their house on the Sunday afternoon.
- AOB: AL talked about the Xmas craft fair organised by Ivor and Angela and Melanie. She referred back to the minutes of 22nd November2016 when MW reported on the event. Ivor and Angela sought help from various local business’s which was very productive. The event was very successful with committee members working together. As well as stalls, there were refreshments, a tombola, a book stall and town twinning information board, a raffle with a hamper as first prize. During the meeting of 22nd November, RC had thanked IW, AW and MW for all their efforts and IW wished to point out that it was a joint committee effort and all those involved were thanked. The event raised £389 net. However it was disappointing to see so few of our members at the event.
RC read out his news bulletin which had recently been distributed to all members. This covered the results of the T’Winners draw @ Xmas. The winners were Sandra Townsend, Lorrie Desmond-Williams and Margaret Bush respectively. The bulletin informed us that RC was stepping down from the role of Chairman and that this would take effect at the end of the meeting. He explained that he had chosen this date to allow the rest of the Committee to think through the direction of the Association and learn about organising the exchange. ME-L thanked RC for his efforts over the years. She asked if anyone would be Vice Chairman and help her as acting Chairman until a new one is elected at the AGM in May. IW agreed to do this. RL thanked RC for his work. DB said that we should thank Debbie Chick for putting up with the Twinning for all these years. Barrie Stevens thanked RC for his vision for twinning and his work. RR thanked RC and asked whether or not he would remain a member. RC confirmed that he would. JB praised RC for doing the job for 8 years as it is a difficult job which he himself did for 5 years.
The next Committee meeting will be @Mary and Bobby’s house on Wednesday 1st February @6.30pm.
The meeting ended @8.10pm.