Minutes 20th October 2016

Minutes of the PSSTTA Committee meeting held at Nichols Avenue on Thursday 20th October 2016 @7.00pm.


Present: RC, DB, ME-L, BL MW, IW, AL, RL.

  1. Apologies: KM, RR.
  2. Minutes of the last meeting: Matters arising- DB queried cheque for St. Clare’s School. As they have presented their own cheque at the recent prize giving, perhaps we could pay next year’s fees for them.
  3. Gaye Lloyd phoned RC and emailed AL to say that they had arranged to host Valerie, Pierrick and Agnes when they visit us next April. Alana emailed to say that she would be unable to host in April as they were moving house. Invites have been received from Bridgend TT and Pencoed TT to various events. AL forwarded details to all members. BL has received a bill for our Poppy Wreath.
  4. Treasurer’s Report: BL reported that we have £2380 in our C/A and £828 in our D/A. There are also a few small bills outstanding.
  5. Membership Report: DB expressed concern about the way the Association was going, especially with regard to the lack of French culture. He has questioned his future within the organisation. RC stated that he felt that during the last 18 months we have taken the focus away from the true meaning of Town Twinning and stressed that he has raised this several times. DB reported that he is still chasing unpaid subs from approximately 30 members.
  6. Social Secretary’s Report: ME-L has booked Isabella’s for 21st December for our Xmas party as reported in the previous meeting.  The membership evening has been booked for Saturday 29th October @ 7.00pm at All Saints Church Hall. All members to bring wine and nibbles. MW to bring music.  MW reported that our fundraising craft fair has been booked for Saturday 12th November from 1.00pm @ Trinity Church Hall. Three tables have been booked so far. Tea, coffee and mince pies to be served. IW has written to several local supermarkets to ask for donations. There will also be a raffle, tombola and a Christmas hamper. IW handed out posters for display. MW has sent out information to the Seaside News. IW has written an article for the Gem. He has also produced and arranged distribution of a Newsletter to all members with details of all forthcoming events.
  7. Schools and Town Twinning Liaison: Several ideas discussed.
  8. Visit from SSSL: RC to ask for minutes of the joint meeting from Anne Plaud. It was stressed that we need to let the French know how many people can host by November.
  9. AOB: RC thanked IW for his newsletter and ME-L thanked MW for hosting the meeting. RC reported that there was only one teacher left to host from the work experience group from SSSL.
  10. Date of next meeting will be Wednesday 2nd November @7.00pm at Mary and Bobby’s.


Prince of Wales Inn
Excellent Local Pub. Great Service. Rustic, Warm, Welcoming. Good Friends, Good Times… Book early to avoid disappointment! 01656 740356 Visit us Today...