Minutes of the PSSTTA Committee meeting held at West Drive on 28th September 2016.

 

Present: Rob Chick, Ann Lee, Rob Lee, Bobby Lewis, Mary Emment-Lewis, Keith Morgan, Ivor Williams.

 

  1. Apologies: MW, RR ,DB.
  2. Minutes of the last meeting: Proposed RC, Seconded ME-L. No matters arising.
  3. Correspondence: AL reported that she had emailed Valerie Sourisseau in SSSL to thank them for hosting us and gave details of our future plans with regard to next year’s visit. No reply received to date.
  4. Treasurer’s Report: BL reported that that we have £3197 in our bank accounts at present.
  5. Membership Report; In DB’s absence there was a brief discussion on outstanding corporate members. IW reported that there was a possibility of two couples he knew becoming members.
  6. Social Secretary’s Report:

ME-L reported that today she presented the Language prize at St Clare’s school presentation afternoon in the Grand Pavilion to Olivia Thomas. (In her absence the presentation was made to her sister).

She has also booked our Xmas party at Isabella’s for 21st December. The booking is for 30 people. Final numbers needed by 20th November. The cost will be £ 11.95 for 2 courses. Ivor kindly agreed to entertain us.

The Glamorgan Holiday Home has not yet been booked for our membership social evening as the 28th October was not available. It was agreed to try for the 25th October. ME-L to book. KM to prepare a power point of photos from the trip to SSSL. KM requested that we sent any suitable photos to him. We will have wine and nibbles which people will bring with them. When the date is confirmed AL to email all members and IW to include in a newsletter. Event will be advertised on Facebook, our website and by posters.

Craft fair at Trinity Church Hall Saturday pm 12th November. It was agreed to go ahead with this. The charge is £10.00 per table. MW already has people who are interested. Angela Williams has tried to contact the church but was unable to do so and will try to contact again. It was agreed that the Beaujolais event would not take place at the same time.

  1. Schools: MW reported via email that she hopes to be in touch with the schools shortly.
  2. Work experience pupils from SSSL: RC reported that placements have been found for all the students in a charity shop in Bridgend. Hosting is still needed for 5 students and 2 teachers for 3 weeks. (21st November to 11th December).
  3. Hosting: AL reported that few replies have been received following the email sent out asking members if they could host next year. IW stated that two couples he knew were interested in hosting. We need to let SSSL know how many we can host by November.
  4. AOB: MW requested by email whether or not we would pay for another advert in the brochure for the next PAODs production in November. (£30.00 for a quarter page) It was agreed we would do this.  RL asked if the Association would like to purchase a table for the forthcoming Mayor’s Ball in April 2017. The cost would be £275 for a table of 10. This gives a discount on the individual cost of £30.00.  ME-L said that we need to use corporate members if possible when planning social events.