Minutes 30th October 2012
Minutes of meeting held at The High Tide – 30 October 2012.
1. Apologies: John Berry, Alana Davies, Sheila Thomas, Jean Duff, Bobby Lewis, Rob?
2. Financial Report: MH confirmed that we have £3192 including £1666 in the current a/c and £1526 in the savings a/c. We have also received £60 in membership fees. Feedback was given on the SSSL trip in August. MH stated that £200 was received and the bill was £198.38 per person for the flights. He is still awaiting receipts from Flybe. Currently 16 members are in the T’Winners club. MH invited people to join. MH informed us that we will be paying £21 towards the Remembrance Day Wreath. The Cheese and Wine evening was a very enjoyable and successful event which raised £120 including £32 from the Raffle.
3. May visit 2013: RC reminded us that we need to look at the costs of the visit in May 2013 and the Anniversary visit. He stated that we may be able to get some funding from the Council. JB suggested that we submit a claim into the Council ASAP.
4. Advert in PAODS: MW asked RC about the proposed advert in the PAOD’S programme. It was agreed that we should pay £25 for a ¼ page advert. This was proposed and seconded.
5. Xmas Party: RC is still looking for a Father Xmas and asked if there were any volunteers.
6. Xmas Market 1st December: This is being organised by the Town Council. RC proposed that we could put on a stall at the cost of £20. Various suggestions were discussed to promote our organisation. KM offered to provide us with approximately 20 A4 size photos, free of charge, to be displayed on boards. JB stated that we have borrowed boards in the past. He will investigate and contact us by the end of the week.
7. Armistice Service: RC reminded us that there is an invitation on the Website to the Armistice Service on 11 November.
8. Membership Report: DB reported that there are currently 80 members of which 66 have now paid. There has been 1 resignation from the Ingrams. There is 1 new member, Iris? DB reminded us that new corporate members are always needed.
9. Beaujolais Event: KM talked about the Beaujolais evening at Beale’s. He would like the committee to present a mounted group photo he has taken to the owner during this evening. This was proposed and seconded.
10. Presentations: RC presented a Power Point on our objectives, our completed and live projects, and our future and pipeline projects. This was followed by a presentation of the Website by RL including a slide show of photos from the recent trip.