Minutes 8th June 2012
Minutes of PSSTTA committee meeting on 8 June at 28, West Drive Porthcawl.
1. Present: Rob Chick, Dave Bush, Rob Lee Ann Lee, Mary Emment-Lewis.
2. Apologies: Malcolm Hanbury, Lorrie Desmond-Williams.
3. Previous Minutes: These were approved and accepted.
4. Corporate membership: The General Picton has become a corporate member. RC suggested we contact The Prince of Wales to see if they would be interested in becoming a member. Beale’s fish and chip shop could also be a possibility.
5. Bastille night: ME-L to organise games for children and a small prize. Date confirmed as Saturday 14 July and the venue will either be The High Tide or The General Picton.
6. The Bush Barbeque: This will go ahead as planned, weather permitting. Details are on the web site and will also be broadcast in a newsletter.
7. Primary School Links: Melanie Weaver has agreed to lead this event assisted by LD-W, ME-L. Richard Preece will be contacted to see if he is able to help.
8. Rugby Trip to SSSL: RC has given grant forms to the Rugby club from the Council with a view to possible funding. There is also a possibility that Valerie in SSSL may be able to help.
9. AGM 25 May: Minutes approved and seconded.
10. Trip to SSSL in August: The Penyfai dancers will not be going due to lack of funding and length of stay. So far 18 adults and 3 children will be will flying in a group to SSSL and 14 will be travelling on their own steam. The flights will cost £ 132.00 as of 24 May, plus any coach fares.