Archives

Minutes 22nd May 2012

Minutes of PSSTTA Committee meeting 22 May 2012 at the Atlantic Hotel.

1. Apologies: Keith Morgan, Alana Davies, Danielle Hanbury, Barrie Stephens

2. Previous minutes: Proposed and seconded.

3. Correspondence: Letter from Churches Together inviting us to a service at the Grand Pavilion on Sunday 10 June 2012. Letter from RR re visit to Senate. Letter from Megan Taylor complaining about lack of communication. Letter from David and Janet Anderson stating that they will not be going to France.

4. Membership: Alana Davies’s family are intending to join. Majid Achour and his wife have resigned.

5. SSSL trip August 2012: As several members intend to make their own way to SSSL, it was decided that due to a lack of numbers, the best option would appear to be travelling by plane. MH informed us that Flybe offer a service from Exeter to Rennes which was both reasonably priced and departing at convenient times. MH to investigate further and look at possibility of a group booking. RC to put notice on website asking for a final decision by interested parties.

6. Performances: After much debate it was decided to not take the Penyfai dancers to SSSL but to invite them to perform next year when the French visit us. Nothing heard to date from Wayne Warlow. RC to contact an excellent singer from Porthcawl Comp to see if he would be able to perform. It was felt that we needed to keep things simple at this stage.

7. Lunch at the General Picton 17 June2012: Definite numbers required by Friday.

8. AGM: RR queried the £2.50 charge to members not taking a meal at the meeting. He felt that this would deter people from attending. RC felt that as this was a social event as well, the charge was justified, but he did understand RR’s point.

9. Bastille night 14 July 2012: Venue to be decided.

10. Bush Barbeque: This will take place on Saturday 30 June weather permitting.

11. Boules: Nick Thomas from the Rugby club has approached RC re establishing a local League. Griffin Park has agreed to construct a Petanque pitch. RC to reply with a positive response.

12. Location of banners: RC queried the location of banners, bunting and other items stored at members’ houses. We need to indentify what we have and where they are stored.

13. School’s Award: Janet Anderson is approaching schools with a view to having just one prize and will come back with a response. It may take the form of an inter schools competition.

14: Primary school links: DB is still waiting for volunteers to visit 2 schools in July to talk about Town Twinning etc.

15. RC has received a thank you letter from the French rugby team. He has also received an e-mail from Jeff Power from the Rugby club who is aiming to send a return team to France in April next year. RC explained that we couldn’t help with funding but advised him to contact the council. He also suggested they look into obtaining sponsorship from local contractors. He stated that some of our members might like to help by accompanying the trip.

16. Porthcawl Carnival: It was decided not to enter a float this year due to time restraints but we would consider it for next year.

17. RR talked about the visit to the Senate and how much he enjoyed it. He has written a letter of thanks. AL to type report.

Advertisement

RAFA Club, Porthcawl 6-8 New Road Porthcawl CF36 5DN A pleasant, friendly club with much local activity. live music Saturday and karaoke on Sundays. Smart casual dress required.